Loi Krathong Festival


“Loi Krathong” is traditionally performed on the full moon night, which usually in November. This festival to determine to get rid of bad luck and to humbly apologize the river. Thai name called “Khongkha” In Thailand about the “Loi Krathong" festival is celebrated in every province in Thailand, especially the area that river, canal or source of water. Each of province will celebrate to different unique characteristic. Generally, people usually make “Krathong” to float onto the river although there exist some uniquely different aspects in certain communities.

The famous “Loi Krathong” in Thailand depend in Sukhothai province features a procession or offerings. “Krathong” the floral offering and carried by beautiful girls, as well as “Krathong” accompanied by called “Nang Nopphamat” beauty queens in Sukhothai. Now, every province has contest which beauty contest or called “Nang Nopphamat”









In this year, “Loi Krathong” festival was on 24 November. In the one time, I want to go to Sukhothai province to join in this festival because Sukhothai province is famous of tourists to go to and has many people to join Sukhothai province but in this year I didn’t go to Sukhothai province because my family didn’t manage to go there. When the festival comes, I went to float the “Krathong” at Karsatsart University which has canal to float “Krathong” I went there with my friends. Karsatsart University to built up this place like the original festival like this.




I float the “Krathong” about 8.30 p.m. and have many people to float it. The canal that I float “Krathong” which the canal full of the “Krathong” and I saw the canal has some person to kept the “Krathong” because the canal was full. Around this place have many store that sell everything and seller who the freshmen of this University to sell. I saw the seller was cute to saw them. About 10.30 p.m. I thought, this time was late to come back at home. So, I hurried to come to home. When I arrived at home, I feared my father to complain with me but my father slept already. So, I felt relax and took a shower and went to bed to sleep.

No comments: